- The IBEW represents nearly 100,000 highly skilled members employed in every aspect of the telecommunications industry. From telephone to broadband and wireless communications systems, our members are an integral part of this ever-fluctuating industry.
- Today’s job market is changing, with global trends and technology reshaping the landscape at a record pace, IBEW members can be confident that as their industry continues to evolve, the Brotherhood will be there to help them meet the challenges of the future.
- The IBEW’s goal is to support workers and ensure that their voice is heard in the workplace. We have helped negotiate:
- State-of-the-art training
- Better pension and severance packages
- Fewer layoffs
- Make the right choice. Join thousands of IBEW members working for companies like:
- Time Warner
- Verizon Communications
- From PBS to HBO, the IBEW represents thousands of workers who are a vital part of the broadcasting industry. Our members are employed in every facet of this industry, including:
- Television and radio stations
- Sports and network operations
- Motion picture studios
- Production companies
- Closed-circuit television
- By securing contracts (collective bargaining agreements) for our members, the IBEW helps to ensure good wages and fairness on the job.
Want to join the IBEW? Interested in an apprenticeship? Contact an organizer in your area for more information.